Friday, August 21, 2009

Fox of the Week [8/20]: Saffron Taylor


Saffron Taylor is a model from England. She has been featured on Playboy, fitness sites and magazines, and automotive magazines. She was voted Ms TWV 2009. She discussed her best features, her advice for models just getting started, and Egyptology.

How did you get started modeling?

I created a Myspace page back in 2006, from there I received many modeling opportunities and things basically led from there, so I decided to take up modeling full time.

What would you say is your best feature?

My legs and long hair.

What do you enjoy most about modeling?

I love being able to 'play' different characters in my photoshoots and videos, its so much fun getting the opportunity to wear so many sexy costumes. I am a girly girl and love to feel feminine and very sexy.

Of what accomplishment in your career so far are you most proud?

Becoming a known name on the net! Also, designing, building and maintaining my official website all by myself, which has become a very successful website, which I am extremely proud of!

What sort of workout do you do to stay in such great shape?

I work out about 4 to 5 times per week, I do three days of weight training using split routines, then cardio on the days in between. It's really important for women to train with weights, as it boosts metabolism and increases bone density. I have quite a good knowledge of nutrition and with being a vegetarian for the past nine years, I put this down to the main reason I have maintained a good physique.

You are interested in Egyptology. Share something you find interesting about ancient Egypt.

Oh yeah! Ever since I was a kid I had a facination with pharoahs and ancient Egypt, I think it's the extravagance of the way they used to live, huge temples, extreme makeup and riches, plus they were really advanced over 5000 years ago, most of the western world were running round like cave men at the time. [laughs]

What advice would you give a model who is just getting started?

Determination! There are some beautiful girls out there, so you will always be up against constant competition, but it's not all about looks. You really do have to become a business woman and persistance is the name of the game. Market yourself well, this is very important. Also, there are some sleazy photographers out there, so always check who you are dealing with first, and make sure you take someone with you on photoshoots. Recommendations from other models is always a good way to start.

What is one goal you feel you must accomplish in your career?

To become the number one blonde on the net and to become a household name, especially in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment