Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fox of the Week [8/27]: Asia Mone't


Asia Mone't is a model from New York. She has been featured on The Today Show [12 June 2009], Glamour Magazine [July 2009] and is the host of X-TV in New York.

How did you get started modeling?

My interest for modeling was sparked when I participated in a runway show while attending college at SUNY Albany. I was one of the first Plus Size models to be in the show. After I graduated I began to pursue a career in modeling landing my first commercial print job with Electric Lingerie.

What would you say is the hardest thing about modeling? What is the most rewarding?

I believe the hardest thing about modeling is fulfilling your vision when others say no. This industry is full of rejection, but you have to stay focused on your goals and the vision you have for your career. The most rewarding aspect of modeling for me is being an inspiration for other women, encouraging them embrace their beauty at any size.

You have some pretty impressive credits on your resume. What accomplishment in your career (so far) is the most meaningful to you? Why?

It is so hard for me to choose one accomplishment that is the most meaningful to me because everything I have accomplished has taken very hard work on my behalf. But lately I have been very happy that I appear in a commercial that is airing in Japan for a TV network called BeeTv. I was very proud because I played a voluptuous woman in the window that was spotted by some young admirers. Anytime I am involved in a project that doesn't traditional include Plus Size Models or put them in a more desirable light, it is another victory for my cause.

What advice would you give a woman who wants to start modeling?

The number one advice I would give to an aspiring model is to treat modeling like any other business. I think people lose sight of the fact that this is a business due to all the glitz and glam. Do your research before investing your time and money in anything. And networking is always key.

Who are some models you admire?

I admire models that make their image into a business empire such as Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum and Gisele Bundchen.
What is one goal you want to accomplish in your career?

One goal I would like to accomplish is landing on a major campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment