Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fox of the Week (4/14/10): Miss Sunshine LaShawn Lawson


Miss Sunshine LaShawn Lawson is a model who calls lots of places home. She discusses her first photoshoot, what sets her apart, and who she admires.

What types of modeling do you do?

Promotional, I rip the runway fashion show, hair show, freeze modeling, video model

Describe how you felt at first modeling job.

My first job was a photoshoot for an aspiring photographer...it was soooo hot. Although before I never really had an issue with being in front of the camera, I was so determined for my first photoshoot to be a success that I was nervous yet very anxious and excited. I did have a lot of fun though I did more thinking and concentrating about it than actually having it. Despite all those feelings, the shoot turned out really well.

What sets you apart from other models?

The easiest way to put it: face of a model, physique of an athlete, and personality of the girl next door. (laughs) But it's often said to me that most models are stuck-up, arrogant, and not very personable and find it very surprising that my personality is totally opposite. Sunshine...inside and out.

Who are some models you admire? Why?

Eva Marcille because she is a young, African-American, beautiful, intelligent, SHORT, fashion model/actress. I admire her for not letting people tell her no because of her height and for getting past her insecurities, which is something we have in common...as well as previously being tomboyish before getting into modeling.

What makes a great photo/photoshoot?

A theme that tells a story, a model that can deliver the story, and perfect lighting for that particular theme. The model should have energy, flexibility, and poise and the photographer is key to framing the model as she delivers the theme through her facial expressions and body language.

What is one goal you hope to accomplish?

Simply to inspire other young women through hard work, love, and motivation.

Follow Miss Sunshine on Twitter.

Miss Sunshine appears courtesy of Tawag Promotions.

1 comment: