Monday, April 5, 2010

Free Lions: trying to make the best music possible


Free Lions is a six-piece band from Huntington Beach. Guitarist/vocalist Shayne discusses what is essential to every one of the band's songs, with whom he'd like to talk music, and what he'd be doing if he weren't making music.

Complete the sentence. Free Lions is...

Shayne, Spencer, Jocelyn, Robert, Matt and Emily making good music. Also, I think they are a group of freedom fighters from Darfur. I think they are both. And everyone else too.

What is essential to every Free Lions song?

Curiosity. Hopefully some creativity too. And fun. I sometimes forget that last one. But it's pretty important.

What sets Free Lions apart from other bands?

We aren't "going for" anything. We're trying to make the best music possible. That's it. Hopefully people find something they like.

If you could have a beverage and a conversation about music with anyone, who would it be? Why?

John Lennon. I think he's a pretty interesting guy. He led a fairly exciting life and I would enjoy hearing his perspective on things.

What would you be doing if you weren't making music?

Traveling. I need to get out and see some more of this place. Hopefully I can do both!

No comments:

Post a Comment