Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fox Tracks model of the week (10/15): All-American Dream Girl Natalie Brown



All-American Dream Girl Natalie Brown is not only a model from Tallahassee, but also a veteran. The powers that be might want to think about putting her on their recruiting posters. She discusses her start in modeling, her time in the military, and what she hopes to accomplish in her career.

What drew you to modeling?

I enetered into the modeling world at the age of 6 (what they call pageants these days)! I took a long break and got back into it but I was always into the look of beautiful model!

Tell me about your experience serving the US.

I served for 6 years! I served my country in Iraq for a year! A lot of people look at TV and let their minds think that what they see on TV is the right thing about the military! Some things are right but a lot of things are wrong! It's like having a second family! I had great experiences and bad ones at the same time!

How would you say people underestimate you?

They think that I can only get my way through my looks but I continue to prove them wrong! I work hard for what I want and I am very independent as well. I was raised not to depend on anyone for anything! Nothing is given to you in this world, you have to take what you want by force and with faith!

What is the most challenging thing about modeling? What is most rewarding?

The most rewarding thing about modeling would be being able to network and meet others that are as passionate about things like you are! Having people recognize you for you talent and not always for your looks!
The most challenging thing about modeling is getting people to know who you are. It takes a team to be recognized and if you don't have that, you are pushing your career by yourself basically! Plus not to mention the 30 million girls who are trying to model and compete for the same thing that you want as well!

What makes you look at a photo and say "Wow!"

When I look at a photo, the one thing that would make me say wow, is if the model brings the talent through the photo with more than just her/his beauty! Being able to capture the theme and still pull off the beautiful look as well!

What is one goal you hope to accomplish in your career?

The biggest goal that I want to accomplish in my career is allowing the young women and young girls to know that modeling is a serious matter, but know that you don't have to take your clothes off to get where you want with your dreams! Don't allow anyone to tell you, you have to do it this way or that way to get where you are! Know who you are and that will lead you into the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment