Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fox of the Week (1/27/10): SoCal Glamour Girl Savannah


Savannah is a model for SoCal Glamour Girls. She discusses her first photoshoot, her fascination with vampires, and her rough, wild side.


Describe how you felt at your first photoshoot.

My first shoot was interesting to say the least. I have never considered myself photogenic so it was a challenge for me. I needed alot of direction and coaching. Fortunately enought my boss is awesome and very patient. So she intially had to teach me how to take a picture. Plus I had one too many drinks to "help me relax" and by the end of the shoot I was hammered. That and it was hilarious because I am a bit of a squinter so Kat kept telling me to open my eyes and for some reason I was opening up my mouth. No idea what was going through my head at the time but it was an entertaining story.

What makes a great photoshoot? What makes a great photo?

What really makes a photo shoot is a fun, comfortable setting. It really helps to work with people that you trust in various forms of undress. There are times that we walk around semi-nude or completely nude. I just did a shoot the other day for our show The Bitch'in Kitchen where I was pretty much naked and up on the counter with various kitchen ingredients covering essential areas. Sounds kinda awkward but it really wasn't we were laughing and giggling the whole time. Most important though would be to have good direction and a talented photographer. That makes a model's job much easier. As far as what makes a good picture: a fun outfit and setting help, and just feeling pretty. I love to get my hair and makeup done it is a great pick-me-up.

What is your ideal photoshoot location? Why?

I really wan to go to a tropical location to shoot. I know it may be a little cliche but when you think about it where better to be than under the warm sun with a slight breeze by the ocean. That sound like an amazing place to work to me! We have some SoCal Glamour Girl trips that are in the works for 2010 and I can't hardly wait. I have a passport with no stamps in it and I think that needs to be fixed.

You describe yourself as a bookworm. What sort of books do you like to read?

Well lately I have been really into vampires. I loved the True Blood series and of course Twilight. Go Team Edward! I have even gotten my own fangs! I was never really in to vamps before but I find it really sexy and a little dangerous, the craze has definetly got my full attention. Before I got in to that my favorite series was called The Outlander. It's this amazing story about a woman that is transported back in time through a stone circle in Scotland. She falls in love with a Scottish warrior at a very turbulent time in history. The story is cool because although the idea is based on fiction the history is correct to the tee. I would highly suggest it.

What is something about you that surprises people?

Well when I meet people initially they think that I am very sweet and innocent, Don't drink don't smoke you know that sort of thing. What surprises them is that I am a little wild and sometimes prety rough. I have a bit of a biting fetish, which is probably why the vampire thing appeals to me. As well I enjoy to play a little rough in the bedroom. There have been times where flat out I want to cause some damage bite marks, bruises, hair pulling scratches. My man has told me at times that I need to be gentle.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish?

In general I just want to enjoy my life. There are so many things that people get hung up on, my self included. But I just try to let it go, life is too short to be angry all the time. I just want to experience all that life has to offer. That is really what got me into modeling. I got the opportunity and I jumped at it, and I have to say that it was the best decision that I have made recently. I love what I do, I sometimes think damn I get paid to do this.

Catch The Bitch'in Kitchen every Monday from 7:30 to 8:30 Pacific time at the SoCal Glamour Girls website.


No comments:

Post a Comment