Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fox of the Week (3/31/10): Tana Xotica


For those of you that have been waiting for some Latina representation here on Fox Track, wait no further. Tana Xotica is a model from New York with Peruvian and Puerto Rican heritage. She discusses her first photoshoot (and first impression), what sets her apart, and what she would like to accomplish.

Give us a quick course in Tana 101.

Living in the moment, always full of energy everywhere I go, and very optimistic would be my top three ways of describing me. I am of Peruvian and Puerto Rican descent born and raised in Brooklyn. Love to travel and have moved around plenty of times since I was 16 but came back to New York eventually.

How did you get started modeling?

E.P.E.M. Inc is an all-female promotions company and I am the promotions director. We did a photoshoot for the website with a photographer named Desi Adorn and since that day Desi was very into my "exotic look". I was so tired doing this shoot off of 3 hours of sleep and this was my first time ever doing one. So, my first impression wasn't the greatest one but it worked out at the end, and that was the beginning of the discovery of Tana Xotica the model!

What sets you apart from other models?

Personality that leaves a long lasting positive impression (unless I haven't slept, sets me apart from the rest. I have the ability to influence people and this is something I do without even realizing it sometimes. (laughs)

How do people underestimate or misjudge you?

Well, because I tend to walk around with a mean-looking expression, people think that I have a tough shell when really I easily get hurt.

Who are some models you admire? Why?

Suelyn Medeiros is one, she is stunningly gorgeous and has true talent reflected in every photo she takes. Also, Christina Milian who is a triple threat singing, dancing, and acting. She's a great role model for the young girls and I think she's real genuine in evreything she does.

What is one goal you hope to accomplish?

I will eventually gain enough status to where I am able to influence the modeling industry to broaden the typical idea of what a model should be or look like and personally I would LOVE to be successful enough to have my own animal sanctuary because I am an animal lover!
Thank you for taking the time to read about me, more to come.

Check out Tana on Stiletto Talk Magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment