Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pinche Gringo: caveman meets Neil Diamond


Pinche Gringo is a one-man band whose style can best be described as...who am I kidding? Read the interview. He defines his style far more eloquently than I could.

Describe your sound for someone who has never heard you play.

My music is a mix between a caveman beating on a rock, a Mexican hippie jam band and Neil Diamond.

How long did it take you to master what it takes to be a one-man band? What was the most difficult part of the learning process?

I am a natural at it. I am a multitasker in all my day-to-day activities. The hardest part was trying to do it barefoot.

Why should I have your music in my collection?

Because if you don't, the dead of Mexico will haunt your dreams forever

If you could write and perform a song with one artist, who would you choose? Why?

I would like to perform with Cat Stevens cause he's an outlaw rebel and his music is pretty. Although, I think David Bowie is a better dresser.

What would you be doing if you weren't making music?

Calibrating scales, eating tacos and churros and watching Seinfeld and Red Dawn.

Many thanks to Pinche Gringo's personal assistant, Nite Owl, for transcribing this interview.

here is a link to a video of me playing with my friend jimmy of "jimmy and the teasers"

No comments:

Post a Comment