Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mistah Maj: my motivation is music 100%


Mistah Maj is a hip-hop artist from the Bronx. He discusses his style, his motivation, and artists he admires.

Complete the sentence. Mistah Maj is...

One of a kind, an entrepreneur for generations to come.

Describe your style for someone who has never heard your music.

Versatile, I can adjust my style for all things possible...RnB, Hip-Hop, etc.

What sets you apart from other artists?

I have the drive to make everything I do a hit. My talent is beyond hip-hop. I write songs, act, and I'm in the process of producing. My motivation is music 100%

Who are some artists you admire? Why?

Fabolous because he's a nonstop hitmaker whether it's street or commercial. Drake because he's a breath of fresh air to the industry. Jadakiss because he's an ultimate lyricist. Nas because he makes you think and for me his music drives me to become a better lyricist.

If you could write and perform a song with one artist, who would you choose? Why?

Usher because I feel he's the perfect person to make a hit record with and get the respect and recognition deserved.

What would you be doing if you weren't making music?

Pursuing a career in psychology. I feel nowadays artists tend to forget that it's good to have a back up plan even if you have longevity in this business. It's never too late to go back to school or to finish school: better late than never is the code I live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment