Sunday, June 20, 2010

Psychostick: pure concentrated humorcore


Psychostick is a band from Phoenix. Singer Rawrb discusses what is essential to the band's music, the recent tour with Nashville Pussy, and with whom he would like to write and record a song.

Complete the sentence. Psychostick is...

Pure concentrated Humorcore.

What is essential to every Psychostick song? What about every Psychostick show?

The Psychostick song formula goes like this: Song idea + laughter + more ideas + procrastination = GOLD. Well, maybe aluminum. Something like that. As for our shows, we strive to keep things flowing with intensity and humor. This sort of combination I find rare in live shows, and while we're not exactly pioneers in this regard, we hope to bring it up to the next level.

Describe your experience touring with Nashville Pussy.

Our touring experiences with Nashville Pussy was enlightening. We made great buddies with their sound guy Mark. Matter of fact, we even hit up a Barcade for drunken video game adventures.

If you could write and perform a song with one artist, who would you choose? Why?

I'd like to write and record something with Weird Al. There's a ton of great metal artists that I'd like to work with, but I've been listening to Weird Al for a long time and he's such an inspirational guy. Maybe someday!

Is the song "Girl Directions" inspired by a true story?

It's based on a plethora of true stories. I first ask for an address. Then they'll usually start giving directions before I get an address. Afterwards I'll ask, "Can I have the address just in case I screw up your directions?" Works every time.

What would you be doing if you weren't making music?

I'd either be building websites or designing video games. I'm probably going to strive for video game design once we decide touring makes us want to vomit all over our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment