Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hip-hop/RnB singer Barr: I want to make a difference


Barr is a singer from New York. When he was a member of the Boys Choir of Harlem, he had the opportunity to perform with some amazing artists. He discusses his beginnings on piano, his growth as an artist, and his political aspirations.

You began playing piano at age 4. What was your favorite kind of music to play when you were growing up?

My favorite kind of music to play was early Jazz and Classical music.

You've had the opportunity to perform with some incredible artists (Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, etc). How has this helped you grow as an artist?

I feel the opportunity of performing with such artists has helped me to understand my history of music and to gain ideas and new methods that helped me cultivate my style and ability of music. In addition it has increased my level of humility. If there is not one thing I learned that in this industry, it is essential to know where you are going. Above all it is imperative to know where you came from.

If you could write and perform a song with one artist, who would it be? Why?

Any legendary icon! I am always willing to work with people who are as driven, motivated and hungry as I am.

Of what accomplishment are you most proud?

There are many things for me to be proud of, but one accomplishment has to be me discovery my passion for music and completing my first solo independent album.

What is one goal you hope to accomplish in your career?

To be honest, this question is increasingly difficult because as an aspiring artist I am always setting new goals for myself. However, one short-term goal I have is that I want to establish myself as one of the greatest artist to be in the music industry. Also, I want to make a difference within the music industry in terms of innovative sound, record-breaking sales, consecutive number one records and many more.

What would you be doing if you weren't making music?

I would say Politics. I actually had dreams and aspirations of being the first Black President of The United States but that milestone has been reached. Other than that, I would be a professor of music.

Barr appears courtesy of Tawag Promotions. Barr's CD Barrcode is available on CDBaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment