Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fox of the Week [11/19] JJ aka JaJuan


JJ is a model from Denver. She has been featured in VBlazin and the premiere issue of Urban Curves. She discusses her start and her plans for her modeling career, as well as her love for sports. She appears courtesy of Stallion Models.

How did you get started modeling?

I got into the modeling industry accidentally. There was a contest a couple of years ago promoted by the local sports radio station in Denver. They were looking for a squad of attractive young ladies to do promotions for the station at different sporting events around the city. Well being the sports fan that I am, I realized it would be an opportunity to go to all of the major sporting events. Denver is a big sports city (football, basketball, hockey, soccer, Lacrosse) so I was all over it!. I ended up being selected. We did a lot of various promotions, and photo shoots. That opened the door for me and I was hooked!

What do you think is your best feature?

My smile is by far my best physical feature!

What is your favorite part of modeling? What would you say is most challenging?

My favorite part of modeling is the travel, meeting different people, and the different looks you can portray with each shoot. The most challenging part would have to be finding ways to balance your time. Modeling is very demanding and time consuming. It's challenging to find ways to get everything done.

What makes you look at a photo and say "Wow!"?

Depends on the type of photo I'm looking at. I like a photo with beautiful background scenery. Also if a model is in the picture, and they can talk to me with their eyes (Despite what they may or may not be wearing) then that is definitely a "Wow" picture.

You're a big sports fan. What sporting event would you most like to attend? Why?

Just about any type of sporting event, but I absolutely LOVE going to football games. Football is my absolute FAVORITE! The energy is incredible and there's nothing like tailgating before the game!

Who are some models you admire? Why?

Elke The Stallion - Elke is not only a beauty, she is an educated Business Woman that keeps it real!
Jayonna Fabro - Jayonna is another educated Business Woman with drive and spirit. She is very stunning yet very down to earth and humble
Ladi Mahogony Da Foxx - Foxx is absolutely amazing! She is beautiful and a go-getter. Another strong, educated woman about business. She is just an all-around positive person!
Paige Monroe - What can I say Paige is a beautiful intelligent business woman that is not afraid to bring new ideas to the table or even take a risk! That's what business is about!
Mesha Model - Mesha is absolutely amazing! She is gorgeous,and an extremely talented business owner.
And of course Tyra Banks!

What is one goal you feel you must accomplish in your career?

I not only want to make myself a brand, but I want to help other models learn and excel from my experiences as well.

Follow JJ on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment