Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ghouls Night Out: We have a lot of fun playing


Ghouls Night Out is a 3-piece garage/punk band from Massachusetts that I found on Music Alley (a great resource for music aficionados). Guitarist/vocalist Myra discusses the band's shows, who she would like to talk music with, and who she would like to record with.
Complete the sentence. Ghouls Night Out is...

Myra - Guitar & Vocals
Vampie - Bass
Lily - Drums

If you are filing your music in a record store, where you do put it?

Garage/Punk

If you could write and perform a song with one artist, who would you choose? Why?

Joan Jett. I think it would be a lot of fun. She has a knack of keeping a song simple, but making it super fun and catchy. I think that is how I write too. You don't have to be Dave Murray (Iron Maiden) to play a Joan Jett or Ghouls Night Out song. You know? I think this woman is super neat... although I would probably be a little frightened to meet her. But if my shyness wasn't an issue, I think it would be a blast.

If you could have a beer and a conversation about music with anyone, who would you choose? Why?

June Carter Cash. This woman is amazing. She is the great woman behind Johnny and gave him love, support and strength. She grew up in a musical family and has seen a lot of things. She knows the music business, and knows what it means to go on tour. An more importantly... she knows what it means to go on tour with a bunch of guys. hehehe. She really lived life. I love her voice and the songs she wrote. It would be cool to have her explain songs that she wrote.

What can I expect at any Ghouls Night Out show?

Well we try to put on a "show". So playing to the crowd is more important than proficiency. So I have to admit, we aren't the tightest band you'll ever see live. But we are more into having fun and raising the energy leveI in the room. I jump up and down, stomp and shimmy a lot. Vampie usually swings her hips... if she's drunk enough, she'll talk nonsense and make you laugh. Lily is back there banging away on the drums. If she drops a stick or something she swears at her drums. We have a lot of fun just playing.

What would you be doing if you weren't making music?

Hmmm I can't think of my life without making music. This a very difficult question. Well other than music, I like to design, cook and volunteer at my local animal shelter. I'm also a health and fitness geek so I'm always reading about how to improve my health, going to yoga or step class.

Like the band? The Mourning After (Necro-Tone Records) is available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment