Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fox of the Week (5/26/10): RL Marie


RL Marie is a Creole model from Louisiana. She discusses her feature in TitaniumGirlz, the challenges of modeling, and models she admires.

Give us a quick course in RL Marie 101.

I am a Creole sensation from Louisiana. Although I have just recently acomplished my first publication in TitaniumGirlz latest edition, modeling is not new to me. I have been modeling on and off since age 11. Two years ago, I decided to pursue the urban/glamour aspect of modeling...although I do intend to branch out into areas in the future.

What would you say is your best feature?

My best feature besides the obvious, would have to be my personality. You can be beautiful on the outside, but if you are not just as beautiful on the inside...your outer beauty will not get you very far.

What do you find most rewarding about modeling? What do you find most challenging?

I find it very rewarding that you get to showcase your hardwork, time,and efforts that are put into a photoshoot. What I find most challenging about this industry is that there are alot of fakes and wannabes. So it is sometimes dificult to distinguish between someone genuine and a phony that might be trying to hurt your career.

How do people misjudge or underestimate you?

People definitely misjudge me by thinking just because I model that I do not have any other great attributes to offer. This is so not true. I am a recent college graduate with a Bachelor Degree. Modeling is my passion, but education has always been my priority.

Who are some models you admire? Why?

I definately admire my mentor Kitty Kennedy, she is a hard worker, she is very genuine, and wants to help others succeed as well. I also admire Lisa Raye and Melyssa Ford because they started off as models and later branched out into aspects of the entertainment industry.

If you could only accomplish one more thing in your career, what would it be?

I would love to become one of the leading entrepreneurs in the country.

Keep up with RL Marie on Stiletto Talk Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment